Support our crowdfunding campaign. This will help us to cover the costs of putting on markets regularly.
Your help and donations will mean that we can put on more markets and events in the town squares and public spaces in Newport and the Isle of Wight which we hope will build community and a sense of belonging.
Our company is a not for profit company which means that any money that we make is used to benefit the community and there are no shareholders or owners.
We will use the money to
- Bring markets including Christmas markets in 2021 to Newport!
- Cover the costs of putting on markets including the costs of event organisation, licenses, admin, and advertising.
- Cover day to day costs of running our not-for-profit company such as IT, website hosting, bookkeeping and office rent so that we can continue to work hard to bring outdoor entertainment, spectacle and events to Newport.
- Provide advice and workshops to new traders to help them build their businesses, providing them all the information they need to get started
- Provide support for new traders to help them with costs of insurance, banking and fees
- Create jobs within our company
Volunteer for us. This will help us to build a team of people who are passionate about our county town and want to bring back markets as a key part of making it better.
Volunteer posts available
Market Marshal volunteer – Are you an outgoing and sociable person that has confidence when dealing with the public? This role entails being present at our markets and helping to provide information to shoppers, directing people to the most appropriate entrances, reminding visitors how to stay safe from Covid, and helping to marshal queues.
Community Engagement volunteer – Are you passionate about bringing markets back to Newport, do you like providing information and discussing with people? This role entails helping us to gather people’s opinions on our markets, recording survey responses and handing out information and leaflets.
Sponsor our events. We are looking for local businesses who have a strong sense of connection with the Isle of wight who want to partner with us to put on exciting events that attract people to our towns.
We are looking for sponsors for an exciting calendar of events over the summer of 2021 including Taste of the Wight Food Festival, Made in the Biosphere and regular traders markets in Newport. For a full sponsorship proposal that is tailored to your business please get in touch with us. Download our latest Sponsorship opportunity below.